The first reading “Telling Stories in Photos” focuses on how to take better pictures and explains how they can be more than just a picture. The reading referenced a famous photo of a migrant mother. That picture is not only an image of the mother, […]
Month: September 2017
For this assignment, we had to use Photoblitz. Photoblitz gives you several photo assignments that you have 20 minutes to complete. When reviewing the list, I saw a few things that I knew I could get pictures of pretty easily so I decided to do multiple photos for some of the tasks.
- First was making a picture monochrome. Although it did say it did not have to be back and white, I found that to be the easiest so I took a picture of something in my apartment and edited it and I chose an older picture of mine to edit as well.
- Next was something that made me sick which is my kitchen sink. Although I hate doing the dishes, I also hate having dirty dishes just sitting in the sink.
- Next were loud objects. The first photo is of one of the fire alarms in my apartment. As anyone who has lived in one of the dorm can tell you, the alarms are LOUD. I also included a picture of an elephant poster I have in my room because elephants can be loud when they want to.
- Next was something that looked like a grid. For this I chose the floors of my apartments since the pieces of wood are squares.
- Then it was a picture of a beautiful mess. I chose my bed because it was pretty much always messy since I never remember to make it, but it’s beautiful because that is where I get to sleep and recharge.
- Next were opposites. I was able to capture two different opposites within one picture. It demonstrates healthy and sugar with the drinks themselves and then small community vs big business with a university club and the pepsi corporation.
- Finally, we have interesting fabrics. I chose Two rugs in my apartment, one that has an interesting design and one that is woven and has an interesting texture. I also took a picture of a cardigan that is soft and monochrome as well so it fits in with the first task without editing.
I really enjoyed this assignment because I got to look at my apartment in a new light trying to find things that fit into each category. For the photo editing tasks I just used a photo editing app on my phone so that I could do them quickly. I tried to format this as almost a tour of my apartment since my photos were mostly of different pieces of decor that I had. This way it is another look into me and my life and learning more about me.
For this 2.5 start assignment, I had to make a wanted poster using a poster generator. I decided to connect it to my superhero character by showing her vendetta against other weathermen who always get the weather wrong. I got the image for this poster from a screenshot of a video that makes fun of weathermen. I liked it because it captured that joke side of weather reporters that many people think of and the image I would like to believe that Weather Woman has in her head whenever she’s forced to watch someone else’s weather report. Because she deals with weather, she doesn’t really have a mortal enemy that is a person. Faulty weathermen are the closest she is going to get to fighting bad guys. The assignment post provided a link to a wanted poster generator so I got lucky there since I really struggled with the photo editing software. All I had to do was convert the image to black and white before adding it into the generator and deciding on my text within the poster. I wanted to bring out a comedic side to my superhero with the wanted poster and her view of other weather people. I really enjoyed this assignment because I got to add some humor to my character that I didn’t really get the chance to portray in my dossier last week.
For my superhero related assignment, I chose to do the Life of a Superhero post where you had to post a picture of a superhero in an everyday life event. Superman's real kryptonite-dirty dishes #ds106 #VisualAssignments2108 pic.twitter.com/kWMtAsNbAL — Kasey Mayer (@KaseyMayer) September 22, 2017 When […]
Let’s start with the Superhero summary and reflection. I read the myths and superheros image article and found it very interesting. I have read Gilgamesh, but just realized its connection to stories such as the hulk. I found several commonalities between the tribes and gave […]
Next, I chose a writing assignment that said to create a story using the letters of the alphabet. The assignment was three starts for a current total of 6 stars and one more assignment to go. With the assignment, I am supposed to write a story where each letter of the first word goes in alphabetical order.
Another broken CD eventually found grossly hiding inside Jake’s kart. Luckily my nanna offered (to) pay quite recently so that Ursulla (w)vouldn’t worry. (E)xcept Yolanda zipped.
This story sounds about as awkward as I had expected. It doesn’t entirely make sense and I fudged some of the rules with changed spellings and interpretations. Overall, I think my story makes some sense. Some of it doesn’t really, but I think it did pretty well with the assignment as I did manage to use every singe letter to create this store. The first letter limitations made it very difficult to stick to one plot, hence why there are around three. While it is sightly scattered, I really enjoyed writing this and having to think hard about what my text work would be.